Pokemon Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Pokemon Adventures Shop
Earning Respect EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm by Zerosaur

» Trace Faolan
Earning Respect EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm by Absolar

» Jun-Jun Elite 4 Fighting Type Master
Earning Respect EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 am by Absolar

» A wild Abra appears!
Earning Respect EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm by Zerosaur

» Rules for Exp and Evolution
Earning Respect EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm by Zerosaur

» Francesca "Frankie" Azul
Earning Respect EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:57 pm by Absolar

» Pokemon League Opening Day! (OPEN TO ALL)
Earning Respect EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm by Elite Four Member Shade

» Gareth Tsuga
Earning Respect EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:37 am by Gareth

» And the Battle Begins!
Earning Respect EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 am by Floydtoise

Affiliates
Our Button:
free forum

Static:
EXP Counter

Earning Respect

2 posters

Go down

Earning Respect Empty Earning Respect

Post by Lockitung Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Sam had returned to Sunsail Island after a brief but profitable trip to Typhoon Island, why was it profitable? It was because Sam had caught a Carvanha on his travels, an extremely aggressive one at that, it seemed to attack both him and Growly for no reason, they were simply enjoying their time to themselves on the beach. The Carvanha seemed very stubborn and it seemed like he disliked Sam quite some bit, which meant he would be a pain to train and battle with, Sam needed to find out why he was like this and get the problem fixed as quickly as possible, the gym in Sunsail Island City was home to fire types, so having a water type at your disposal is a good advantage to have, but the two would need to see eye to eye in order to make the advantage worthwhile.

Sam and Growly were trudging through a thick forest together, Growly was hopping over and dipping under small branches while Sam was simply moving them out of the way, it seemed like they were lost, although Sam did not want to admit it. They continued walking in one direction, hoping that they would happen upon some kind of civilization, but no matter how far they walked, they did not find anything. When all hope was almost lost, they came to a clearing, in that clearing was a large body of clear, clean, sparkling water untouched by industry. Sam was surprised to see such a nice natural place in the middle of nowhere, Pokémon seemed to flock to this place, there were plenty of them having a drink, playing by the side of it and there were also quite a lot living inside it, a good place to go if you were looking to capture a water Pokémon, Sam would have tried to capture some of them if he hadn’t already had one. As long as some of the Pokémon did not mind, Sam was interested in taking a dip himself, he had been out on his travels for a little while now and it had been more stressful than he had imagined, he also had not been in a relaxing place for a while, he was either walking or sleeping on the ground, he deserved some time to relax.

Growly cautiously walked to the body of water, he clearly did not want anything to do with it, he looked down and saw his reflection, the look on Growly’s face was a look of confusion, was there another Growly swimming in the water? He did not want to go in to find out. Sam watched him as well as seeing if anyone else was around him as he took off his backpack, belt, and other pieces of clothing, he took swimming trunks out from his backpack which he was glad that he packed before he left his home and put them on. He grabbed a vacant Pokéball from his belt and looked to Growly “Sorry about this Growly, but I’m going in so you won’t want anything to do with this, I’ll bring you out when I’m finished Bud” a red beam of light shot out from the ball and struck Growly, he too turned into a ball of red light as he returned to the confines of his Pokéball. Sam clipped the Pokéball onto his belt and then looked at his other occupied ball for a short while “Huh…” he thought as he unclipped that ball from his belt, he tossed the ball up and down as he wondered whether it was a good idea to release him or not, if Sam could not trust it, then why should his Carvanha trust him? Sam turned and tossed his ball over the body of water, it fired open and sent his Carvanha into the water below, the ball returned to Sam’s hand and he placed it by the rocks to the side of the water. The Carvanha, after being released, sat in the water and stared at his master and did not break eye contact, Sam found this very unnerving, Carvanha’s can cause serious damage, but he began to explain the situation to him anyway. “Ok Carvanha, I know you are not a big fan of me, that is no secret, but here is the deal… If we want to become the greatest team in Pokémon history, we need to be able to trust each other, I know that you probably do not trust me right now, but hopefully what I am about to do next will change that, as a sign of my trust to you, I am going to get into the water with you.” Sam edged towards the side of the water and planned on getting it.
Lockitung
Lockitung

Back to top Go down

Earning Respect Empty Re: Earning Respect

Post by Zerosaur Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Caravanha swam in circles after hearing the humans words. The human wanted his trust and so was getting into the water, the human was being stupid there was no way he would trust it. As the human finally entered the water Caravanha started circling him, it wouldn't attack right away there was no benefit he would just be confined again inside of its pokeball. After circling his trainer a few times he dove under the water and investigated the waters, he could only see remoraids and a few octillery swimming in the water, there was also a few small sunken boats at the bottom. Surfacing Caravanha swam close to its trainer and began circling him again, marking him as his prey so that others wouldn't attempt to steal it.
Zerosaur
Zerosaur
King of Whales

https://pokemon-adventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lockitung Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Sam slowly swam out towards the centre of the small body of water. His Carvanha continued to circle him, giving him an intimidating look whilst doing it. It looked like he was going to eat him, eyeing up the meaty parts of his body and deciding which limbs he would start with and which ones he would end with. Sam kept his vision set on the Carvanha though, he wasn't going to let it out of his sight and attack him when he wasn't looking, and he wanted to show that he was not afraid at all.

"See Carvanha, this isn't so bad right? I'm in the water, you're in the water, no one is being aggressive to anybody else, if we acted like this all of the time, we could be good buddies... right?" he asked rhetorically, Sam tried to laugh a it, but it came out as a slightly nervous laugh, of course he was nervous! There was a Pokémon capable of tearing a boat to shreds swimming around him and staring at him! But on the outside, Sam tried his best to keep his cool, whilst also enjoying the... relaxing dip he was having.
Lockitung
Lockitung

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerosaur Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Caravanha continued his circling, and then he felt movement in the water near them. A blue striped basculin shot from the water straight at his trainer. Caravanha couldn't believe the thing would go after another's prey but it was. Wasting no time Carvanha shot out of the water intercepting and biting into the basculin. They submerged underwater and Caravanha forced them to the bottom slamming it into the lake bed. Just as Caravanha was about to bite down again he was blindsided by a red striped basculin, apparently the prey their didn't work alone. He felt the sting of the tackle but knew the opponent wasn't getting of scot free either. He braced himself to fight with both the prey thieves and prove that he an independent pokemon was stronger than them.
Zerosaur
Zerosaur
King of Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Lockitung Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Sam was stunned when he saw a blue striped basculin breach the water and head straight towards him, Sam was having flashbacks to Typhoon Island where he met his "friend" Carvanha, was Sam giving off some kind of aura that all water Pokémon hated? He lived on an Island with a fire gym in the city, he had always preferred fire Pokémon to any other kind, but was that really why all of these water Pokémon were attacking him?

Sam could have moved out of the way if he was on land, but he was in water which caused his movement speed to fall dramatically, there was not really much he could do, he just had to wait for the sharp pain to land. Sam's movement speed may have been worse, but Carvanha's speed was still very fast. Almost out of nowhere, Carvanha appeared suddenly and intercepted the basculin out of the air. They both landed in the water and the battle waged underwater. Sam could not join them and help Carvanha out in this battle, he would just have to hope he could handle himself, although after seeing another red striped Pokémon around the battle zone, he could not help but have a small piece of doubt.
Lockitung
Lockitung

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerosaur Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Caravanha had a basculin on both sides, he couldn't watch both at the same time so he settled for using leer on the blue striped one. He waited patiently then anticipating the attack from behind and dodging and underwater water gun. He he took the initiative as the defense weakened blue basculin was caught by the move. Swimming fast Caravanha used bite once more and slammed the blue basculin into the lake bed again, this time rendering it unconscious. Without its partner the red basculin became more cautious and began swimming backwards, he hated cowards. Charging straight in Caravanha was struck by the basculin a well timed water gun, which sent it flying into the air and onto the embankment. Caravanha knew it was in trouble it couldn't get back in the water fast enough to continue its attack. The basculin surfaced and fired another water gun at Caravanha.
Zerosaur
Zerosaur
King of Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Lockitung Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Sam still could not quite make out what was happening down below, he could just see shades of blue and some sharp colours moving around. One of the shapes had stopped moving, Sam hoped it was not Carvanha, he thought he would be stronger than that, but to make sure Sam submerged himself and swam down, after closer inspection, Sam noticed it was a Basculin, Sam would have sighed, but he was underwater.

The other two were not in sight, where could the battle have reached? The body of water they were in was not exactly large so they could not get lost. When all hope was almost lost, Carvanha shot by him towards the surface, when Sam resurfaced, he noticed Carvanha was on land, a bad place for it to be as Sam had learnt in the past. He needed to get it back to water as quick as he could. With all of his might, Sam swam to the edge of the body of water and used the rocks to climb out, he ran around to the stranded Carvanha who did not look too happy to see him, his snapping jaw was quite intimidating. Sam looked back to the water as more of it was shot out and was headed towards the helpless Carvanha, Sam could not sit back and watch his Pokémon get attacked whilst it couldn't defend himself, Sam stepped in the way of water gun and took it on his uncovered back, the water slammed against his back, rattling every bone in his ody, he moaned in pain but he managed to defend his Pokémon at least. Sam slipped his hands underneath the beached Pokémon and slowly lifted him up "Please don't bite me, please don't bite me, please don't bite me" he thought as he moved towards to the water, he knelt down and let his Pokémon slide of out his hand himself and back into the battle that continued to rage on.
Lockitung
Lockitung

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerosaur Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:19 pm

He had been helped, as much as it embarrassed him he had to grudgingly accept it. What made matters worse was that it was his prey who had helped him. Once he was back in the water he dodged another water gun, submerged himself and shot up from directly under the basculin biting it and taking it into the air. He ensured that as they sunk back down the basculin remained tightly in his jaws. Just like the other basculin he slammed it down into the river bed until it lost consciousness. After proving his strength he swam back to the surface and stared at his trainer/prey. Caravanha didn't like him, but he would have lost the battle without his help, with a grudging sigh it accepted its lot it would help the trainer but it would not submit. Leaping out of the water it bite down on his trainers head, using only enough pressure to make it hurt and not break skin as he waved his fins.
Zerosaur
Zerosaur
King of Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Lockitung Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Although Sam was not as involved as he would have liked, he did play a part in Carvanha's victory over not one, but two Basculin, which was a great feat of strength and speed. Sam was happy that he had picked up this Pokémon, it was clearly strong and had a lot of dedication, traits that are hard to find in some Pokémon, Sam tried to look past the fact he hated his guts.

Sam knelt down to congratulate his Pokémon on its latest victory, he watched it resurface before saying "Nice work Carvanha, you see what happens when we work as a team?" he asked rhetorically, his Pokémon did answer however, by leaping out of the water and clenching its teeth slightly onto the top of Sam's head, it was only a small pain, but it was what the pain represented, it appeared the Carvanha will never come to like Sam, that is just one thing he would have to deal with.

Sam grabbed Carvanha and with a few tugs, managed to get him off of his head and back into the water. Carvanha's rough scales left a mark on Sam's hand, but it was nothing major, Sam returned to his belt and put the rebel back in it's ball after putting his clothes back on. He released Growly back into the world and they continued to venture back through the forest, hoping that they would find any kind of civilization.
Lockitung
Lockitung

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum